Friday 8 January 2010

The passing of time......

Time has passed so quickly and it has been nearly half a year since I've blogged. This is not good. I crave to write and share and create a log of our life's passion for our children. Moving to Paris France nearly 9 months ago has been quite overwhelming, and being pregnant and expecting a baby in a an old country was so new to me, I just needed to find my way. I will write in a quick summary over the next several weeks our 9 months of finding ourselves, our new surroundings and how we were able to get settled in France and call it our second home.

It was a much different experience then when we first moved to England. Everything was all set up for us when we arrived to England, it was simple. I didn't have a language barrier, although the South Yorkshire accent is something you must acquire an ear for. I am happy to have moved on to Paris. Even though it was and still is a bit more difficult to find your place it is still a place so filled with life!!! Every square inch of it, there are so many places and things to do and explore. It's endless. We now live in a suburb of Paris ( about 20 minutes on the RER) called Le Vesinet. It's beautiful and very posh! We have a lot of green space for the kids to play and the surrounding little towns are just charming. Each morning within walking distance ( because that is what you do in France is walk and walk everywhere) there is a market filled with lots of fresh foods, vegetable, fruits whatever your little heart desires. It is a different way of life, and being here just reminds me of how fortunate we are to be American and live in a country such as the USA where we are very very spoiled with ease of having everything at our fingertips. My promise for the new year of 2010 is not to let 9 months pass without writing down our adventures and finds in such a wonderful world.........

No comments: