Tuesday 1 June 2010

THE BEAUTY IN THE JOURNEY......

It is the 1st of June, and I sit here in total bliss at our home in Le Vesinet France. Wondering how the time has flown by and why I haven't taken a moment to write. I need to write and record all of our days, they are soo filled with adventure, new experiences and everyday in France is like finding your way thru a big green maze.

Sometimes I wonder how we got here , what it's all about and then I look at the beauty of the journey..... our children.

We never let a weekend go by without going out and exploring. And as in France there are many holidays throughout the months, we take full advantage of each one to explore and see as much as possible. May was filled with that! We covered a lot of ground in May and I will post our experiences. From visiting a few gorgeous Royal Chateaux's in the Loire valley region, having our Russian friends visit us, and taking a long weekend out to La Rochelle and the incredible island of ile de re. The Atlantic coastline was just amazing. Different, historic and a wonderful experience.
It has been non-stop since we left the airport and stepped onto French soil. Unpack, pack, and pack again. Over and over it continues. I now need to get a bit settled in this weekend because the "true bliss" will be arriving in a few short 3 weeks. I cannot wait for my whole entourage of kids to come. We have a full calendar for July and it's going to be amazing. Stay tuned, big adventure lays ahead and it will be a bus of 10 people traveling together for 14 days straight. I'm so looking forward to going back to a dream that I started in 1987, and I told myself one day I would be back, and guess what? I am returning to a very special place, so dear to me.... so full of excitement. That is the beauty in the journey.

One thing I can promise you is that the sun will set tonight, and it will rise tomorrow to bring you another day of our lifes passion......


No comments: